FG: Wizard Shades & Werewolves

From the Maze of Malcor:

Five wizard shades of the five lost schools of magic, one went AWOL, so I had to buy them all over again. Painted Foundry teal blue then dry brushed upwards to white – idea stolen from Joe McCullough the writer of the system and supplements.

Two m ore Werewolves, they feature in a scenario from perilous Dark, and are obviously a feature of Blood Moon the Rangers of Shadow Deep scenario.

these two figures are from one of the North Star Weird West ranges but listed as suitable for RoSD (duh).

I should watch Dog Soldiers again – excellent British film.

FG: Ghostbusters

Yes, really. I asked for a DVD of Ghostbusters, the original movie, for Xmas. My Aunt & Uncle translated this and gave me:

  • a boxed set of the then 3 DVDs
  • a t-shirt with the logo etc
  • three novelty key rings
  • Thanks…bit more than expected. DVDs watched, and all are good, t-shirt always wearable.

    The key rings ?

    Not my type, and too chunky to fit into my pockets easily, but I didn’t want to waste them so….

    So one, sort of undead nasty, and a Large Construct. I remnoved them from their attachments, and shaved off the loops on their heads.

    The slimer, was washed green and a red wash in his mouth.

    The stay puft man, was either an all or nothing, so I went with nothing.

    Hopefully a useful and amusing addition to the table, whilst not wasting resources !

    Third key ring has yet to find a use, maybe some sort of banish undead marker ?

    FG Werewolf, glass spiders and new scenery

    Starting to clear the backlog (hahaha) during lockdown.

    Scenery is by Gale Force 9.

    I bought the bundle offer so have finally got the ruined fountain terrain piece that features heavily in the FG rule books.

    Glass Spiders were painted using a very old metallic blue progressively highlighted and mixed with silvers.

    FG Perilous Dark Bestiary 1

    First set of figures painted.

    Ballista II, a large construct with a powerful ballista. Pinned by Richard as the arm would just be a liability simply glued on. Dark silver, dry brushed bright rung fang, and then toned down with black and brown washes that also helped key in the wooden parts of the ballista.

    Vapour Snakes. Arctic grey, dry brushed with white and then highlighted with rune fang silver again – I was rummaging around the paint collection and found a lot of pots of rune fang silver so will be using it extensively !

    Lockdown Foamboard Fun (3)

    Now the carcass is clad in balsa wood, time for some paint.

    In particular, textured masonry paint. Makes the foam board and all else feel like concrete which is great for transport.

    Importantly, it also means that the foam is covered up, as when you come to spray it, the sprays will melt the foam if it is unprotected. So make sure all the edges are covered with paint before spraying.

    It also covers up a host of imperfections and nooks and crannies.

    Like so.

    So after a couple of hours drying time for some…


    Paint the underside of the card base, so that it does not warp.

    Spray paint the rest…BLACK…

    Now for some block painting.

    That’s as far as the paint drying got me today (and light permitting).

    Tomorrow, the final touches, of highlights, and some paving.

    Lockdown Foamboard Fun (2)

    So, the foambaord carcass of the building is made, now for some good hard planking.

    Balsa wood for the exterior beams, a bit thicker than I normally use, but given the lock down all I have.

    Use the general architecture to guide you as to where the beams would go.

    I also shape them slightly by shaving off random bits along the edges to make it look a bit more natural.

    Now for the interior. The wooden planks for the first and second floors.

    I often measure out the lengths and then snap them off of the main length of balsa so In end up with frayed wooden pieces which look much more natural than sawn off pieces.

    I also try and ensure I have some shorter floorboards to make it look more natural (top right).

    Again I shave off some off the straight edges which will be picked up when I paint the edifice.

    Next up, watching paint dry !

    Wow bet you’re excited.

    NB: This is being done real time, so it does take a few days to do…

    FGGA: Up before the Beak

    Another model that is quick to do, well after its been pinned. The model is made of resin, and obviously is top heavy so Richard pinned the tree trunk properly.

    One Razorbeak.

    Foundry granite for body and wings, using the Light to dry brush the wings. Then a coat of Citadel Reikland Flesh, which was too subdued, so I used a wash of Carrowburg Crimson.

    I’d used Foundry Bay Brown and Granite for the tree limb too, so to make it stand out from the Razorbesak itself I gave it a wash of Citadel Bierl-tan to represent the lichen, moss and algae.